Artist and Artwork Analysis


Paula Rego

'Dancing Ostriches' - I really like many of Paula Rego's paintings, for their bright colours, nice tones and the people in them being (what I consider) normal size people. This painting in particular I chose for the realistic looking clothing and proportions of the woman. 

Maggi Hambling


This painting is one I especially like by Maggi Hambling, although it was difficult to choose! I like this one because of the feeling of power it exudes and the definite sense of movement. The colours she has chosen I think create a foreboding and stormy atmosphere.

Frank Auerbach

These sketches I like because of they are messy line drawings, but it is so clear what they are of. For example, the lower one "Sketch from Titian's 'Bacchus and Ariadne'" is a sketch of a painting, and although it is very messy and less clear, when put side by side, it is very easy to tell it is a sketch of the original Bacchus and Ariadne.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts