Photographic Artist Research

Andre Kertesz





This photograph by Kertesz I have chosen from his portfolio because of it's capture of several juxtapositions in everyday life. This image shows in the foreground people going along with everyday life, and in the background, what looks like a building site, and the part I like the most, the train caught moving into the centre of the image, high above everything else. I like the effect of the image being black and white, bringing more depth. 





Shirin Neshat


This photograph taken of the artist herself depicts her dressed in typical Iranian female clothing, posing with a gun and poetry written all over her face in calligraphic Farsi. The poetry is about martyrdom and the role of women in the Iranian Islamic revolution. I like this photograph for the empty look in her eyes.









Francesca Woodman



This photograph by Francesca Woodman I chose because of the streak of light in the centre of the photograph, caused by light caught on a mirror fragment which I find interesting and the blurring of herself (the woman in the image is Woodman) caused by slow exposure. I find this image interesting because of it's sense of surrealism and creates a ghostly essence.


Comments

Popular Posts