3D Forms experimentation block



Connecting Paper

 

In this two week block experimenting with 3D Art and Design, we began by experimenting with connecting paper to make 3D objects. At first I was a little unsure what to do, as this is way out of my comfort zone, as is probably really obvious! The first 3 images/objects I do not like mainly for the way they somehow look flat, they did not go how I intended at all, however it gave me chance to experiment with connecting the paper. I did this by creating slits in one piece and pushing the other through, bending the paper together and staples. 




 
These rounded shapes I much prefer. I think the fact they are in full cylinders or curved most of the way round creates an extra dimension to the work.











 This last object is my favourite, simply because it looks a bit silly and cartoon like. We were experimenting folding the paper in scored lines, and seeing how they folded that way. I folded the main round bit that way, and then slotted the folded paper through that. Seeing as it reminded me of blow fish, of course I drew some cartoon eyes on!

Comments

Popular Posts