Work so far

I've become reaally bad at keeping this blog up to date. There's loads of work I've been doing, so here are some bits and pieces. 

Through pondering relationships, as I've explained before, I looked into greetings cards, and how they are used or received, and their meaning. I'll post the cards I've made in response to my research, but one is below. My mum saves corks from bottles of wine for some reason (we're all a bit weird in my family) and she suggested I write times when families and friends get together on them, or use them to illustrate those gatherings in some way. I started doing that, but ended up making little characters with them. The photo below I'm thinking looks like one of those birthday cards where they stick googly eyes on vegetables, so it kind of fits my theme :) 

                 
These next pieces are all from an idea I had about creating a photo album full of family and friends and trying to illustrate their relationships. A lot of them are of my family, especially my brother and sister. I tried illustrating the relationships with stitch and line, some with colour as an influence, and others shape (circles). I think many of these turned out really well, and I think I'll keep experimenting with the concept and ways of showing the relationships. I even placed them in my sketchbook like photo holders in a photo album.









Comments

Popular Posts