Final major project week 1-2

We've now started our final major projects at college, which we get to choose the theme of, and basically work completely independently. While this is really awesome, and I'm really excited about having free reign, I'm also slightly worried. For my project, I have chosen to look into 'relationships'. Although I really like this project idea, because there are so many different angles, at this stage I'm finding it difficult go narrow those options down to focus on a few specific aspects. So far, I'm considering relationships with strangers, relationships with food, relationships with inanimate objects, relationship quirks and relationships with animals. As you can see, there's quite a few, and even those are massive themes in themselves. I like them all, and I find it hard to cut them down to two or three. I think my main focus over the next few days is to do as much mind mapping, and observational drawing and note taking as possible, to try and narrow some down.
In the meantime, here's some artwork and illustration I have made in relation to relationships in a drawing workshop. :p

Objects: 
  • bottle, that had pop in it (food)
  • An apple (food
  • A stapler (connections)





Prints I made, using monoprinting, both with the printing press and drawing: 
(a little bit of detail ;))
The print didn't turn out how I imagined or planned really, and although I don't like it all that much, I do quite like the drawn areas. I think I should have spent more time thinking about the where the ink would print. I rushed it a little, and I'm not actually sure why! :/

These drawings I just doodled at home. I was thinking about embarrassing things that could happen, and how friends might or might not let you know. Also how you could feel sorry for someone who's in an embarrassing situation they don't know about, and yet you might not let them know. Whether you let someone know about, for instance, their skirt being tucked into their pants, or having pen on their face for something less extreme, could show how close a friendship you have. 

Comments

Popular Posts